Connect with us
Moviedoc's Favorite Quotes
- "I'm with you in Rockland" - Allen Ginsberg, "Howl"
- "Words are, in my humble opinion, our most inexhaustible form of magic...capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it." - Albus Dumbledore
- "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
- "I believe in angels, something good in everything I see." - ABBA, "I Have a Dream"
- "Mbolo tangi." - Dudley Clark, "Monkey Do or the Myth of Biff"
- "Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage." - William Burroughs
- "Wherever I go and whatever I do I am always in the straight-jacket of junk, unable to move a finger to free myself." - William Burroughs
- "The bigger they come, the harder they fall one and all" - Jimmy Cliff
- "Thanks for prohibition and the war against drugs." - William Burroughs
- "Somebody must've got double 'cause I got none." - Rod Macdonald, American Jerusalem
- "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
- "No matter where you are there you is." - Rennie, Passion Fish
- Brer Rabbit: "Please don't throw me in dat briar patch!" - Joel Chandler Harris, "Uncle Remus"
- "I went to my doctor. Just a waste of time. He gave me a bottle of dope of some kind That said 'Shake 'fore you use.' But it just don't shake my blues." - Chris Smither, "Can't Shake these Blues"
- "My mind has many faucets." - Tommy Smothers
- "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." - William Ernest Henley, Invictus
- "Forgiveness is the best form of self-interest, holding a grudge is bad for your health" - Desmond Tutu
- "Forgiving is not for sissies, Forgiveness is for the strong!" - Desmond Tutu
- "A camel is a horse designed by a committee." - uncertain
- "I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." - Ayn Rand, Anthem, 1946
- "I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine" - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
- "Them as has, gits." - anonymous
- "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose." - Kris Kristofferson
- "I gotta walk that lonesome valley. I got to walk it by myself. Oh nobody else can walk it for me. I got to walk it by myself." - Johnny Cash, "The Reverend Mr Black"
- "Whether the stone hits the pitcher or the pitcher hits the stone it's going to be bad for the pitcher" - Sancho Panza, "Man of la Mancha"
- "Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." - Frank Zappa, "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow"
- "I fear I'll do some damage
One fine day
But I would not be convicted
By a jury of my peers
Still crazy after all these years" - Paul Simon
- "My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends." - Janis Joplin, "Mercedes Benz"
- "A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle." - Khalil Gibran
- "Let's don't take no chance. Let's not be L-seven, come and learn to dance." - Domingo Samudio, "Wooly Bully"
- "I'll think about it all tomorrow." - Scarlett O'Hara, Margaret Mitchell, "Gone with the Wind"
- "The strong were made to bully and the weak to knuckle under." - Rhett Butler, Margaret Mitchell, "Gone with the Wind"
- "Opportunists... have... always been held in disrepute -- especially by those who had the same opportunities and didn't take them." - Rhett Butler, Margaret Mitchell, "Gone with the Wind"
- "I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus" - The Firesign Theatre
- "You can't process me with a normal brain." - Charlie Sheen
- "You're not a scary rock star any more." - "Next to Normal"
- "We've already established what you are, ma'am. Now we're just haggling over the price." - George Bernard Shaw
"The woman piaba and the man piaba
and the Ton Ton call baka lemon grass,
The lily root, gully root, belly root uhmm,
And the famous grandy scratch scratch." - Harry Belafonte
- "Don’t be a drag, just be a queen." - Lady Gaga, “Born This Way”
- "You can't handle the truth!" - Col. Jessep, A Few Good Men
- "Less is more." - Robert Browning, Andrea del Sarto
- "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." - Shakespeare, Hamlet
- "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
- "You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em" - Kenny Rogers, "The Gambler"
- "It's no use prevaricating about the bush." - Wallace, "The Wrong Trousers"
- "The second mouse gets the cheese" - Sir Colin Spedding (?)
- "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." - George Orwell, "Animal Farm"
- "Two wrongs don't make a right." - Roy Rogers
- "No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend.
Like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again." - Stan Rogers, "The Mary Ellen Carter"
- "But I like being free, and that makes me, an idiot, I suppose." - Stan Rogers, "The Idiot"
- "But the government Dole will rot your soul back there in your home town." - Stan Rogers, "The Idiot"
- "Make sleeping dogs tell the truth." - Moviedoc
- "I like DEA agents. They taste like chicken." - Moviedoc
- "Save a DEA job. Stop prescribing buprenorphine." - Moviedoc
- "When cleaning up after a dog on a slippery slope always approach from downhill." - Moviedoc
- "Ask a silly question and you'll get a silly answer." - Mom
- "For to a folysshe demaunde behoueth a folysshe ansuere." - William Caxton
- "They suffer least who suffer what they choose." - David Ackles, American Gothic
- "There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary." - Brendan Behan
- "Go ahead. Make my day." - Dirty Harry Callahan
- "There's a sucker born every minute" - not P T Barnum
- "Hakuna matata." - Swahili adage
- "In every life we have some trouble; When you worry you make it double" - Bobby McFerrin, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
- "Don't worry about a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right." - Bob Marley, "Everything's Gonna Be Alright"
- "What's the use of worrying? It never was worthwhile." - George Asaf, "Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit-Bag, and Smile, Smile, Smile"
- "But I seek another highway where they learn to heal the wings of a wounded sparrow." - Rod MacDonald, "Song of My Brothers"
- "Hefeweizen is better than none." - Moviedoc
- "He not busy being born is busy dying." - Bob Dylan
- "The answer is blowin' in the wind." - Bob Dylan, "Blowin' In the Wind"
- "We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Walt Kelly, Pogo
- "The solution is not in the bottle." - Anonymous
- "A miss is a mile." - Richard Henry Dana, "Two Years Before the Mast"
- "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen." - Harry S Truman
- "That's where the money is." - Willie Sutton
- "We may not be big, but we're small." - Stuart Mclean, Vinyl Cafe
- "A theory that explains everything explains nothing." - Karl Popper
- "The [pills] that mother gives you don't do anything at all." - Grace Slick, "White Rabbit"
- “Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.” - Albert Einstein
- "How do I work? I grope." - Albert Einstein
- "There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." - Leonard Cohen, "Anthem"
- "Remember what the door mouse said. "Feed your head" - Grace Slick, "White Rabbit"
- "It's life's illusions I recall. I really don't know life at all. - Joni Mitchell, "Both Sides Now"
- “To be born, or at any rate bred in a handbag, whether it had handles or not, seems to me to display a contempt for the ordinary decencies of family life which reminds one of the worst excesses of the French revolution – and I presume you know what that unfortunate movement led to?” --Oscar Wilde
- "Look at the Emperor's new clothes. They're beautiful!" -- Hans Christian Anderson
- "Too much ain't enough." - Billy Joe Shaver, "Old Five and Dimers Like Me."
- "For evil to flourish, all that is needed is for good people to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
- "Physician, heal thyself." - Luke 4:23
- "To be a Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God." --Anonymous
- "You can't get there from here." - Anonymous
- Pick a line. Any line: Officer Krupke -- Stephen Sondheim, West Side Story